Monday 15 April 2013

Kelso Dunes

- by Leland

Me and Anna and Mom and Rusty went up to the top of a sand dune.   It was ginormous.  Me and Dad had hiked up the top the day before and watching Dad running down the sand dunes is what inspired me to go again.   We didn't have the camera at the time but if we did you would have seen a picture of Dad running down the dunes.   Me and Anna and Mom discovered that Rusty could get tired.  There are a bunch of beetle tracks in the sand and it was really cool to see how far up they went.    

We saw lots of burrows and tracks on the way up the dune.  Lizards and road runner tracks.  I was absolutely fascinated by the sand and the way it moved through my fingers and across my body.  Unfortunately this fascination caused me to come back with three cups of sand in every nook and cranny possible.  I found my pockets full of sand too late after I took my pants off in my bed-  it was extremely uncomfortable that night.  



 
Running down the sand dunes was extremely fun- it made me feel like the Flash.
 
 
 
It was really funny watching Anna run down. 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are awesome, Leland. You guys remind me of Indiana Jones running from danger. Your voice comes through in your writing loud and clear. I can almost hear you telling me about the sand cascading out of your pockets at night.

    ReplyDelete